Customer Service Representative (Commercial/Life)
- Provides customer service on all commercial policies assigned, including personal liability, umbrella, coverage changes, lien holder changes, certificates of insurance, etc.
- Prepares new business applications and all informatin and materials needed for policy issue (photos of building, payroll information, etc.) Sends to underwriting with all required forms.
- Follow up with underwriting to ensure policies are issues in a timely manner. Answers all questions from underwriting and advises account executive of any problems.
- Prepares issued policies in a professional presentation form, checks to make sure all coverages and premiums are included and issued as requested; sets a delivery appointment so account executive an deliver new business policy to insured.
- Aids in preparing annual review appointments for commerical/life account executives or the agent/owner. Gathers all information needed for the review including quotes, upgrade information and current policy information.
- Updates information in agency database syste, e.g., contact information, coverages, etc.
- Follows up on all claims to completion and/or the satisfaction of the customer. Reports all claims problems to appropriate department heads and devises a solution to satisfy the customer. Advises the agent/owner of any problems that cannot be resolved quickly.
- Sets up and maintains files on all new business accounts for commercial/life.
- Coordinates with the life account executive and prints quotes needed for business life insurance, annual reviews and new business.
- Coordinates all commercial and life direct mail and solicitation programs.
- Always asks for referrals and thanks customers for their business.