Customer Service Representative (Auto/Home)
- Provides customer service to assigned policy holders. Provides quotes on auto policies, including antique, stated values, cars, motorcycles, bots and RVs. Requires mastery of rate classes, territories and discounts.
- Aids in preparing annual review appointments for auto/home account executives or the agent/owner. Gathers all information needed for the review including quotes, upgrade information and current policy information.
- Cross-sells life and other products at every opportunity.
- Updates information in agency database system, e.g., contact information, coverages, etc.
- Inputs comprehensive, collision, liability and property damage claims. Answers questions regarding laws, and provides information on preferred body shops, glass companies, and rental car options.
- Follows up on all claims to completion and/or the satisfaction of the customer. Reports all claims problems to agent/owner and devises a solution to satisfy the customer. Advises the agent/owner of any problem that cannot be resolved quickly.
- Takes and receives payments with proper account numbers. Responsible for daily ACA and any needed corrections on misapplied money, etc.
- Answers pone if receptionist is unavailable and sees that all messages are clear and delivered to the person intended. If agency is computerized, the message is typed into the computer or passed along via email.
- Coordinates thank you/welcome letters to new households.
- Review monthly pay/cancel list and sends out cancellation postcards weekly. Call clients prior to cancel date.
- Sets up and maintains files on all new business accounts for auto/home.
- Always asks for referrals and thanks customers for their business.